SNMP Agent Simulator
Verax SNMP agent simulator is a tool that can simulate multiple SNMPv1/v2c agents on a single host on standard 161 port through multi-netting. It allows to save money by building virtual, simulated networks of devices without purchasing any additional hardware, for instance for testing purposes. Individual simulated agent responses can be initially retrieved from existing devices and modified at runtime by user defined rules.
- Up to 4 simulated agents and networks on a single host
- Support for SNMP GET and SET (with the ability to set community string)
- Text console and a web-based GUI for simulator management
- SNMP response configuration files compatible with SNMP walk output for easy creation of initial simulated agent responses from existing devices
- Over 20 preconfigured response files for simulating Windows, Linux, Cisco, Juniper and other devices
Rich set of rules for modifying agent responses including:
- Generation of random MAC and IP addresses, including advanced scenarios like randomizing only a part of the address (e.g. network part of an IP address is fixed, the host part varies)
- Random integer, counter and string value generation, including "one time" or "each time" scenarios
- Support for integer arithmetic operations (e.g. return value based on a sum of two other values, etc.)
- Trend based value generation (direction, step range, reset threshold value, etc.), e.g. for increasing counters
For detailed information about features and usage please refer to the following guide:
|Verax SNMP Agent Simulator User Guide|
- Linux: 32 or 64 distributions including: SuSE, RedHat Enterprise and Debian
- Windows: 32 or 64 bit including: XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7, 8 and higher
- Java 1.6 or higher installed
- 128 MB of RAM (minimum, the actual size depends on a number of simulated SNMP agents)
- A network adapter with a fixed TCP/IP address
The software is provided for "as is", free of charge and without any warranty under license terms as provided with the software.
Please contact us for a commercial license and support.