Measure, monitor and manage IT & telco performance
Single pane of glass to IT & telco Big Data
KPI Dashboard automates gathering, analysis and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for increasing efficiency and profitability of service providers such as ISPs, MSPs, internal IT departments, telco operators and others.
- Complex big data/data warehouse technology hidden behind a simple and graphically rich, easy to use GUI.
- User interface designed for managers and employees, not analysts familiar with data mining concepts such as cubes, OLAP or multi-dimensional queries.
- Pre-configured KPIs for NMS & APM, Service Desk and other Verax applications for instant deployment.
- Built on industry-standard Pentaho Data Analytics engine for maximum flexibility and extensibility.
- Rich graphical presentation of KPIs providing a clear and up-to-date picture of a business condition enabling managers to measure, monitor and manage business performance.
- Reduction of routine reporting costs via a fully automated data gathering process.
- Single point of access to all KPIs and data aggregation from various sources for end-to-end visualization of business performance.
- Trending based on historical performance data stored in a warehouse.
- Pre-configured KPIs for NMS & APM, Service Desk and other Verax applications, enabling instant performance data reporting.
- Rich KPI visualization capabilities via a wide range of diagrams and analyses (e.g. pie charts, bars, tables, areas, 3D and more).
- Interactive drill-down of visualized data.
- Automatic calculation of trends and projections.
- Threshold values per each indicator.
- User-defined KPI categories (e.g. CEO, CFO, CIO, IT Director and others) with per-user access permissions.
- Control point map visualizing where the KPI measurements take place.
- Panel mode for full-screen, periodic display of KPI charts on Digital Media Systems (DMS).
- Miniature (thumbnail) previews of KPIs.
- Flexible indicator configuration according to particular needs and requirements.
- Built-in data warehouse and data collection ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) engine integrating data from various data sources such as databases, spreadsheets, text files, web services and others.
- Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) query language for access to built-in or external data warehouses.
Pre-configured KPIs for Verax applications
|NMS & APM|
|Average alarm duration by severity||Average times how long alarms of each severity were active (i.e. from appearing in the system to clearing) in minutes. Only cleared alarms are considered.|
|Alarm severities||Alarm severities breakdown (e.g. warning, critical, etc.) over the last six months.|
|MTTR for routers and switches||Mean time to recovery (MTTR) in minutes for alarms generated by routers and switches over the last six months.|
|MTTR by device type||Mean time to recovery (MTTR) in minutes for alarms generated per device type over the last six months.|
|Network interface statuses||Network interfaces breakdown by status (e.g. up, down, disabled, managed, etc.) and inventory changes over the last six months.|
|Managed device types||Managed devices per type breakdown (e.g. CISCO switch, Emerson UPS, Windows host, etc.) and inventory changes over the last six months.|
|Managed application types||Managed applications per type breakdown (e.g. Oracle databases, Apache Tomcat servers, etc.) and inventory changes over the last six months.|
|Total availability sensors||Total number of sensors configured in Verax NMS & APM with a breakdown by type.|
|Total performance counters||Total number of performance counters configured in Verax NMS & APM with a breakdown by type.|
|SLA statuses and breaches||SLA statuses over the last six months. ACHIEVED indicates the number of incidents that were closed according to configured SLA levels, BREACHED the number of breaches.|
|Incident statuses||Incident statuses breakdown (NEW, IN PROGRESS, RESOLVED, etc.) over the last six months.|
|Incident categories||Number of incidents per category breakdown (e.g. network problem, email problem, helpdesk request and others). Displays top ten categories over the last six months.|
|Change request statuses||Shows change request status breakdown (NEW, OPEN, COMPLETED, etc.) over the last six months.|
|Change request categories||Number of change requests per category breakdown (e.g. network problem, email problem, helpdesk request and others). Displays top ten categories over the last six months.|
More images on Flickr.com
Commercial: Linux, Windows XP (Professional edition only), Windows Vista (Home or Professional), Windows 7 (Home or Professional), Windows 8 (Home or Professional), Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Oracle Solaris, IBM AIX and HP-UX.
Open source: Linux and Open Solaris.
KPI Dashboard can use one of the following databases for storing the configuration data (KPI definitions, user accounts, etc.):
- Commercial: Oracle (version 10 or higher), Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or higher).
- Free: Oracle Express, Microsoft SQL Server Express.
In order to store KPI data (e.g. facts, dimensions), the KPI Dashboard can use one of the following databases (either directly utilizing data warehouse capabilities, or via SQL emulation):
- Commercial: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Free: Oracle Express, Microsoft SQL Server Express, MySQL.
KPI Dashboard can collect data from a variety of sources including:
- Relational databases (JDBC-enabled) including Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Informix, PostgreSQL and others.
- Files: Excel, CSV, XML, Microsoft Access, text files.
- User defined as a combination of file and scripts.
Please check with us for support of your particular requirements.
KPI Dashboard runs on any web browser supporting Adobe Flash version 9 or higher including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and others.
KPI Dashboard is compatible with Adobe Flash-aware DMS systems such as Cisco Digital Media Suite.
Please contact us for information on CPU, RAM and disk requirements for your installation.