Amazon Web Services (AWS/EC2) monitoring plugin
Verax NMS Amazon Web Services (AWS) management plugin enables easy, visual monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for systems deployed on the Amazon EC2 cloud.
The plugin uses the standard Amazon AWS SDK (http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforjava/) for communication.
Full instance information
- General information: name, type (e.g. t1.micro), AMI (name of the image used to launch the instance), platform & architecture (e.g. x86_64), kernel ID, root device name, etc.
- Deployment information across Amazon regions and zones
- IP addressing: public & private IP addresses, subnet name, public & private DNS servers
- Launch time, current state and monitoring type
- Virtualization information: mode (e.g. paravirtual), tenancy and lifecycle configuration
The plugin GUI provides actions to start, stop and terminate instances.
Full volume information
- Volume ID
- Capacity (GB)
- Snapshot information
- Creation date
- Input/output operations per second (IOPS)
Instance performance monitoring
- CPU utilization
- Network transfers (in and out)
- Disk reads and writes (bytes and number of operations)
- Failed status checks
Volume performance monitoring
- Volume reads and writes (bytes and number of operations)
- Total time for reads and writes
- Idle times
- Operation queue length