ApplicationsNMS & APM - unified network, application and IT infrastructure managementService Desk - incident management and SLA complianceCustomer Care & Billing - customer, product, service management and billingProject Management - complete control over network infrastructure projectsWorkflow - automate and track execution of business processesKPI Dashboard - measure, monitor and manage IT & telco business performance
SolutionsIT Management Suite - simplify, automate and reduce cost of IT managementOSS/BSS Suite - quickly define, provision, monitor and bill telco & IT services
- NMS & APM - manage 100+ monitors for up to 10 devices, hosts or applications for free
- Service Desk - use for 3 users with unlimited incidents for free
- IT Management Suite applications virtual machine: NMS & APM, Service Desk & SLA Management, KPI Dashboard & Workflow
- Free SNMP Agent Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free Database Load Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free IPMI Library for Java
- Free ICMP Library for Java/Windows
Generic Printer monitoring and management plugin
Verax NMS Generic Printer management plugin allows easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting of SNMP-enabled printers supporting the SNMPv2, Printer and HOST-RESOURCES-V2 MIBs. The Generic Printer plugin can communicate using SNMP v1, v2 or v3.
The view presents general configuration information about a printer such as:
- Detailed printer information: model, version, firmware revisions (e.g. Xerox Phaser 7300; System Software Version 10.093.02.000, Firmware Version 2.50.00.95, Net V4.00.92 18-05-2009, IOT 1.00.11, PCL5e 5.92, PCL6 5.93, TIFF 0.91.00, SPL 5.32)
- Name, serial number, uptime, operator, service status
- Printer status, number of configuration changes and events
- Error state if present, such as "low toner"
The view presents hardware components of a printer (e.g. CPU, RAM cards, scanner, fax, etc.) along with individual statuses and errors.
This view presents printer alerts along with timestamps, severity levels, codes, descriptions and others.
This view presents CPU and RAM performance statistics.
The Generic Printer supports the standard MIB-2, enabling NMS to define sensors, performance counters, alarms and traps based on standard MIB definitions.
Loading vendor MIBs
Additional MIBs can be loaded via NMS MIB Browser. OIDs from these MIBs can be used to define additional sensors and performance counters as needed.
Predefined Generic Printer monitoring templates
The plugin contains predefined templates for most commonly monitored printer items. Most important, selected templates are provided in the table below (other, additional sensors and performance counters can be added by the user):
|Generic Printer monitoring templates|
|Generic Printer CPU Usage|
|Generic Printer Memory Usage|
|Generic Printer Events Count|
|Generic Printer Pages Printed|
|Generic Printer Interface Input Traffic|
|Generic Printer Interface Output Traffic|
|Generic Printer Interface Inbound Non-unicast Packets|
|Generic Printer Interface Outbound Non-unicast Packets|
|Generic Printer Interface Traffic Ratio|
|Generic Printer Interface Unicast Ratio|
|Generic Printer Interface Discarded Packets Ratio|
|Generic Printer Interface Packets With Errors Ratio|
Performance counters and alarming
All the above parameters can be added as sensors/performance counters within Verax NMS and configured for alarming.
Verax NMS provides a set of standard, built-in event processing rules for MIB-2. Additional rules can be defined based on standard and vendor-specific MIB OIDs.
Verax NMS main page »