ApplicationsNMS & APM - unified network, application and IT infrastructure managementService Desk - incident management and SLA complianceCustomer Care & Billing - customer, product, service management and billingProject Management - complete control over network infrastructure projectsWorkflow - automate and track execution of business processesKPI Dashboard - measure, monitor and manage IT & telco business performance
SolutionsIT Management Suite - simplify, automate and reduce cost of IT managementOSS/BSS Suite - quickly define, provision, monitor and bill telco & IT services
- NMS & APM - manage up to 25 devices, applications or hosts for free
- Service Desk - manage up to 200 incidents for free
- IT Management Suite applications virtual machine: NMS & APM, Service Desk & SLA Management, KPI Dashboard & Workflow
- Free SNMP Agent Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free Database Load Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free IPMI Library for Java
- Free ICMP Library for Java/Windows
Java application monitoring and management plugin
Verax NMS Java application management plugin allows easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for any stand-alone Java applications (i.e. running without an application server) using Java 1.5 or higher. Applications are monitored via JMX MBeans (Management Beans).
General information view
The general view displays high level application information such as:
- Used Java Virtual Machine (JVM) information: vendor, version and bits (32 or 64).
- JVM process identifier (PID) in the operating system and JVM start time.
- Command line arguments such as Xmx or XX memory parameters and others.
- Class paths used and detailed list of Java Archives (JARs) loaded.
- External library paths (e.g. for JNI dynamic libraries or nonstandard JARs).
The memory view displays detailed application memory consumption in the JVM including:
- Totals for JVM's physical memory and swap space (used and available).
- Heap vs. non-heap memory usage: pool name, % used, initial usage, maximum usage and amount of committed memory.
- Detailed information about memory pools in the JVM: type, name, % used, initial usage, maximum usage and amount of committed.
- Detailed information about garbage collectors: name, number of collected objects, collection time and general status (valid, invalid)
- All objects requiring attention (e.g. invalid garbage collectors, excessively used memory pools) are highlighted for easy troubleshooting.
The threads view displays detailed information about application's threads of execution:
- Thread totals: number of currently running threads, maximum peak threads since start and number of daemon threads.
- Numbers of loaded and unloaded Java classes.
- Detailed summary for each threads: thread name, state (runnable, blocked, etc.), block & wait counts, CPU time and deadlock status.
- All threads that have a deadlock are marked for easy troubleshooting.
Predefined Java application monitoring templates
The plugin contains predefined templates for most commonly monitored Java application items (by default Verax NMS creates default counters similar to the ones displayed by the JMX Console). Most important, selected templates are provided in the table below (other, additional sensors and performance counters can be added on any user-selected JMX MBean):
|Java application monitoring templates|
|Java Heap Memory Usage|
|Java Java Loaded Class Count|
|Java Free Physical Memory Size|
|Java Free Swap Space Size|
|Java Process Cpu Time|
|Java PS Perm Gen Usage|
|Java PS Old Gen Usage|
|Java PS Eden Space Usage|
|Java PS Survivor Space Usage|
|Java PS Scavenge Collection Count|
|Java PS MarkSweep Collection Count|
|Java Unloaded Class Count|
|Java Thread Count|
|Java Daemon Thread Count|
|Java Non-Heap Memory Usage|
Verax NMS main page »