ApplicationsNMS & APM - unified network, application and IT infrastructure managementService Desk - incident management and SLA complianceCustomer Care & Billing - customer, product, service management and billingProject Management - complete control over network infrastructure projectsWorkflow - automate and track execution of business processesKPI Dashboard - measure, monitor and manage IT & telco business performance
SolutionsIT Management Suite - simplify, automate and reduce cost of IT managementOSS/BSS Suite - quickly define, provision, monitor and bill telco & IT services
- NMS & APM - manage 100+ monitors for up to 10 devices, hosts or applications for free
- Service Desk - use for 3 users with unlimited incidents for free
- IT Management Suite applications virtual machine: NMS & APM, Service Desk & SLA Management, KPI Dashboard & Workflow
- Free SNMP Agent Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free Database Load Simulator for UNIX & Windows
- Free IPMI Library for Java
- Free ICMP Library for Java/Windows
JBoss monitoring and management plugin
Verax NMS Apache Tomcat management plugin enables easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for JBoss servers. The plugin supports JBoss versions 5, 6, 7 and higher over the Java RMI (Remote Method Invocation) protocol.
General information view
The view presents general JBoss application server configuration and runtime information including:
- Server version and build details: date, platform, operating system and JVM (Java Virtual Machine) used for build.
- Host and runtime environment: operating system and architecture, Java vendor and version.
- Runtime statistics: status, maximum memory permitted for the server, memory still available, number of threads running.
- List of server parameters and their current values such as HomeDir, ServerName and others.
This view presents statistics on various JVM aspects including:
- Process name and PID for the JVM.
- JVM identification string (e.g. Java HotSpot Server 19 VM).
- Start time and startup options: command line arguments, boot class paths and library paths.
Memory & memory pools:
- Heap and non heap memory usage.
- Memory consumed by individual memory pools.
- Detailed list of garbage collectors with name, number of collected objects, collection time and collector status (valid or invalid).
- Thread statistics: current number, peak number, total number of threads started since server startup, number of classes loaded/unloaded.
- Detailed list of all threads with their name, state (runnable, blocked, waiting, etc.), block and wait counts, CPU time and deadlock status.
Web server view
The view presents information about web server component of the application server, such as:
- General information: status, web server name, address, port, base directory and others.
- Connectors configured for the web server (name, address, port, protocol) along with the detailed statistics for each connector: number of threads, bytes sent/ received, processing time and number of requests serviced.
- Applications deployed on the server: name, start time, startup time, URL and detailed statistics for each application: hitCount, accessCount, cacheSize and others.
- Servlets running on the server: name, total processing time, maximum single processing time, load time, number of requests, number of errors.
- Worker summary with information about request bytes sent, total processing time, maximum time for a single request, maximum request URI, currently processed URI, current query and thread name associated with the worker.
Provides a summary of resource adapters, databases and queues within the application server.
Predefined JBoss monitoring templates
The plugin extends Verax NMS with JMX sensors and counters enabling monitoring of any user-defined JMX attributes or operations. Most important, selected templates are provided in the table below (other, additional sensors and performance counters can be added by the user):
|JBoss monitoring templates|
|JBoss Thread Count|
|JBoss JMS Connection Count|
|JBoss PS Scavenge Collection Count|
|JBoss PS Survivor Space Usage|
|JBoss PS Eden Space Usage|
|JBoss PS Old Gen Usage|
|JBoss PS Perm Gen Usage|
|JBoss Process CPU Time|
|JBoss Free Swap Space Size|
|JBoss Free Physical Memory Size|
|JBoss Non-Heap Memory Usage|
|JBoss Heap Memory usage|
|JBoss JDBC Connection Count|
|JBoss Unloaded Class Count|
|JBoss Loaded Class Count|
|JBoss Daemon Thread Count|
|JBoss PS MarkSweep Collection Count|
Verax NMS JBoss management plugin allows opening of server's JMX console, administrator console and online documentation directly from the NMS.
Verax NMS main page »