Verax Asset Management & Service Desk
Reduce operations cost and increase customer satisfaction
Holistic approach to asset and service management
Verax Asset Management & Service Desk integrates IT asset management with service desk processes in order to reduce operations cost and increase customer satisfaction by ensuring timely and consistent service request resolution.
Verax Asset Management & Service Desk helps IT professionals to:
- Save operational expenses by consolidating asset management across multiple locations.
- Maximize the value of IT assets by eliminating underutilized resources.
- Integrate service support processes across multiple departments.
- Monitor and report SLA (Service Level Agreements) compliance.
- Streamline service desk process and automate incident resolution.
Verax Asset Management & Service Desk can also be orchestrated with Verax NMS & APM (out-of-the-box integration) and other Verax applications in order to create advanced active asset management, automated infrastructure incident tracking, disaster recovery or provisioning solutions.
- Optimize cost structure and maximize the value of your IT assets by eliminating underutilized resources.
- Save time spent on comparing multiple spreadsheets with automated asset discovery and tracking.
- Quickly identify future requirements and reduce costs by making informed decisions about your future asset needs.
- Reduce operational expenses by consolidating asset management across multiple remote locations.
- Gain full control by integrating asset management with service desk and infrastructure monitoring processes.
- Track every hardware and software asset and get notified about important dates, such as lease expiration dates, warranty status, etc.
- Reduce asset reporting cost with easily created IT inventory reports e.g. for auditing purposes.
- Enforce asset utilization policies with advanced user rights management and role based security policies.
- Streamline IT and network operations, ensure SLA compliance and maximize applications and network uptimes.
- Control incident resolution workflow from assigning tasks to administrators and resolving incidents, to automating workflows and tracking them through to completion.
- Shorten incident resolution time based on experience-based information stored in the knowledge base.
- Ensure that service requests are resolved in a timely manner via fully configurable escalation and notification procedures.
- Integrate with other Verax applications (e.g. NMS & APM or Integration Engine) in order to create advanced incident tracking scenarios such as disaster recovery, service provisioning and others.
Click to expand:
- Tracking of internally- and customer- reported incidents in a single, centralized location.
Detailed incident information, including:
- Description, status, reported comments, etc.
- Notes, categories, priority & urgency.
- Attachments (screen shots, documents, videos and others).
- User-configurable templates for commonly used incident descriptions (user can pick a predefined description for increased productivity).
- "Blocked by" and "Dependent on" lists for proper prioritization of incidents.
- User-configurable incident categories (e.g. network, application, etc.) with team assigning and task scheduling.
- Configurable incident lifecycle and statuses that reflect support & service processes and procedures in any organization.
- Intelligent, automatic incident dispatch.
- Automation of service requests management (routing rules, escalation rules and priorities).
- Security and access permissions (access control to incident information through a system of user groups and permissions).
- History tracking and incident history retention.
- Configurable, e-mail based notification manager for new incidents, status changes and others.
- Ability to turn notifications on/off for a single incident.
Numbering rules for generating incident and change request identifiers:
- Multiple, user-configurable rules with firing order,
- Category and/or customer information matching (i.e. a different numbering schema may apply for tickets generated by different customers),
- Configurable numbering sequences with start and increment values,
- Configurable identifier format based on customer or category information (e.g. CUST-CRI-005).
- Hardware inventory management: servers, hosts, storage systems, memory, network interfaces and others.
- Software inventory management: Operating systems, firmware updates, software information such as publisher, version, and installation date and others.
- CMDB synchronization with Verax NMS & APM inventory for CIs (configuration items) like hosts, routers, interface, CPUs and others that are present in the NMS inventory.
- Asset audit: full history log including information about service requests, reported incidents, etc.
- User-defined fields for extending and customizing assets' description.
- Relationship management: one to many, many to one, many to many.
- Integration Adapter tool for importing data to CMDB from:
- SQL databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL (via SQL queries)
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) files
- XML files
- Other, custom sources via user-defined readers (requires Java coding)
Support for core ITIL processes including:
- Rapid SLA definition via an easy to use GUI.
- End-to-end incident management.
- Routing Rules: assigning service requests to specific users or groups.
- Escalation Rules: sets of rules specifying actions that are taken automatically, e.g. when a service request has not been resolved by its due date.
- Priorities (priorities of service requests based on predefined parameters).
- Time tracking with online progress control.
- Due dates (ability to set up various due dates and resolution times depending on service types).
- Tracking of internally or customer requested change requests (such as configuration changes, planned maintenance works, etc.) in a single, centralized location.
Detailed change request information, including:
- Description, status, reported comments, etc.
- Notes, categories, priority & urgency.
- Assigning responsible persons.
- Visualization of change requests in the calendar view.
- Full integration with the Service Desk: automatic addition of scheduled tasks.
- Progress tracking and reporting.
- Presentation of change requests.
- Graphical navigation bar enabling easy calendar browsing.
- Instant access to tips and solutions on how to resolve common issues.
- Quick and simple creation of new knowledge base items with user friendly WYSIWYG editor.
- Rich content (ability to attach files, images, videos and others).
- Improved team performance via effective information sharing and knowledge retention.
- Generation of reports in PDF, CSV or XLS formats.
- Graphically designed report templates.
- Scheduled report generation times (e.g. every Friday at 5PM).
- Configurable report retention times.
- Automatic report distribution via email to configured user groups.
- Support for passing parameters to generated reports such as device lists, time ranges, etc.
- Security profiles associated with each user defining: password strengths, session timeouts, idle timeouts and others.
- Access to data (e.g. incidents in particular categories) limited on a per user group basis.
- Security audit log providing full information on user logins (timestamp, host IP address, success, failure), logouts and denied operations with a graphical interface.
- Event log for tracing system and user events (e.g. new object added, object deleted, etc.).
- Logging & tracing services configurable at runtime.
- Secure communications bus between client and server, ensuring that all exchanged data is encrypted.
- Easy installation and configuration: no coding/scripting knowledge required.
- Customizable look and feel.
- User friendly, rich GUI based on Rich Internet Application technology.
- Support for full screen mode, high-resolutions, multiple displays and panel hiding - ready to be deployed at Network Operations Centers (NOCs).
- Advanced filtering capabilities with named filter saving, multiple filter criteria, multiple values in filter criteria and others.
- Data export to CSV files.
- Efficient hyperlink-driven navigation for maximum operator productivity.
- Online, contextual help system.
- Multilingual user interface changeable at runtime.
- Filters, incremental search, mini-dashboards, statistics in each main view for maximum operator productivity.
- System log and configurable tracing levels for easy troubleshooting and support.
Flexibility of configuration:
- Configurable incident and change request views.
- Configurable priorities and urgencies (color definition, values).
Commercial: Linux, Windows XP (Professional edition only), Windows Vista (Home or Professional), Windows 7 (Home or Professional), Windows 8 (Home or Professional), Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Oracle Solaris, IBM AIX and HP-UX.
Open source: Linux and Open Solaris.
CPU: Dual-core running at 2 GHz.
RAM: 0.75 GB of free, available RAM for Service Desk, additional 1 GB when the database is running on the same host.
Disk space: 1 GB for Verax Asset & Service Management, additional 3 GB (4 GB total) when the database is running on the same host.
Any mail server supporting POP3 or IMAP (optional, required only for incident reporting via e-mail).
Commercial: Oracle (version 10 or higher), Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or higher).
Free: Oracle Express, Microsoft SQL Server Express.
Verax Asset Management & Service Desk runs on any web browser supporting Adobe Flash technology version 9 or higher, such as: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and others.
Please contact us for information on CPU, RAM and disk requirements for your installation.